Friday, January 1, 2010

E-Learning Activity 2: "E-Shopping Spree"

Part 1. "E-Shopping Spree"
I have $500 and I would like to spend on a Singapore Airlines one way ticket to Hong Kong. I would like to spend a whole new one year in a foreign place as 18 years of living and celebrating the new year in Singapore is getting rather mundane. Singapore is really boring as a long term residential place, you can't go anywhere except malls and more malls. Although the one way air ticket is rather pricey at $442, but it leaves me with $58 left. (I shopped at http://www.singaporeair.com/)
I have always wanted to buy a pack of Monopoly Deal Cards but I am a very protective person where by each card is not allowed to have bent corners, therefore buying the cards and not allowing it to be utilised is kind of pointless. However I have $58, so why not? The sad thing is the cards have increased its price from $8.90 to $11.90, which leaves me with $46.10. That's quite a lot left, what else should I buy? (I shopped at http://www.toysrus.com.sg)
Ah.....Lonely Planet guide books are on sale at 30% off, I guess I shall buy the guide book that features my favourite city: Bangkok. The books costs only $18.68 online as compared to the ridiculous prices quoted from local bookstores like Borders/Kinokuniya and so on. As so I am left with $27.42. (I shopped at http://www.lonelyplanet.com/)
I have a new hobby that I have recently picked up, which is collecting keyrings. My favourite brand is Ralph Lauren and yet I do not own anything from them. Therefore, I will get a keyring from them, moreover its also on sale at $28. However, I have exceeded my given amount of $500 by 68 cents. But its ok, I can fork out the extra amount, I don't mind. (I shopped at
http://www.ralphlauren.com)
.
Part 2c. briefly explain what you had learnt today.
.
For the past 2 days of EIR lessons, I have learnt how to use twitter (Which I don't really get the huge phenomenon about it at first and can't really be bothered about having an account) and I think its quite cool and provides a form of familiarity between yourself and the other party. For example, you follow a celebrity on twitter and you will be able to see his/her updates, and it feels rather personal in my opinion.
.
I have also learnt how to identify the different purposes of websites, whether they are informative/provide news/a source of entertainment/an advocacy/a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment