Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Activity 3 (Blog [and Twitter] Reflections)

Briefly reflect on lessons learnt from this practical:
.
a. Do you think it is more effective to search the invisible web (databases) than using search engines, meta-search, or subject directories? Why?
.
The invisible web is actually a protected databases that needs a user to log in to utilise it. For me, I feel that it is a hassle having to log in and sign in to do my research. As online search engines and Meta-searches just requires a Internet connection and a few clicks of the mouse and you can get what you want. And also, some of the invisible web requires you to download the document to fully see it, which is even more of a hassle. Therefore, it is less effective to search the invisible web than using search engines, meta-search, or subject directories.
.
b. Will you use the invisible web (databases) for research in your own respective Diplomas? Why?
.
I will not use the invisible web (databases) for research in my own respective Diploma. Because since my course is Environment Design, we mostly deal in the architecture/design research area, and these information is best found from an Architect's official website or design related books. I personally feel that the invisible web is mainly for Business school students.

No comments:

Post a Comment